I'm back in worcester, and I've decided to make a post about packing. On the typical travelblog, the purpose of this post is to impress you all with the efficiency of my packing, and the niftiness of the miniature versions of everyday objects I've purchased to make everything fit into my bag. I should talk about the space-age materials and manufacturing that have gone into the creation of my travel washcloth, travel hat, travel diningset, and miniaturized travel shaving kit. The high point of my post should extoll the virtues of the all-in-one, super-light gadget I've purchased that will be sure to save my life. I'll finish with a picture of all my gear laid out, impressing everyone with the minimal list of material goods on which I will be surviving.
Here goes....

Adventure Survival List Highlights:
Quinine - Malaria is a serious concern in the lowlands, and who drinks tonic water without gin? Certainly not David Delaney, and he kindly made sure I wouldn't either.
Collection of Knives - Shaving, cutting fruit, knife fights... the uses are endless.
Bag - I've done away with the "traditional" backpacking backpack, and opted for the local Burro Bag. My trusty steed Lafayette will handle the shlepping parts of my adventures.
Isn't he cute? (Photo courtesy of Google Images)
So there we have it. I'll be traveling light, defending myself from jaguars, and providing you with tales of adventure and intrigue from El Petén!
In hindsight, I'm glad this post didn't put me on a government no-fly list.
ReplyDelete